These are the 10 things sellers can do to make the inspection go smoothly for them ;&
Sellers Get Your Home Ready For The Home Inspection
Dated: September 19 2023
These are the 10 things sellers can do to make the inspection go smoothly for them
1. On inspection day the house should be empty of the owners - this give the buyers time to get acquainted with the home.
2. Pets should be removed or crated.
3. If something isn't working properly - don't try to hide it - inspectors will find it. You may raise questions that will cause concern for the Buyer and impact the sale. Simply leave a note indicating you know the item is broken.
4. Replace blown light bulbs in all parts of the home. Test all smoke detectors to make sure they are working properly.
5. Please make sure your oven and stovetop are clean so they can be tested without setting off the smoke alarm.
6. Have clear access to the electrical panel, water heater, attic, crawlspaces, heating systems, garage and garage GFCIs, and other areas that will need to be inspected.
7. Change or replace your HVAC filter.
8. If there is a septic inspection, please make sure the lid is accessible and exposed.
9. If the house is vacant, please make sure all utilities are turned on.
10. The house should be clean inside. Gutters should be clean outside. Trim trees and shrubs around the exterior.
ABR, CRS, E-Pro, RSPS, SFR, SRES Jim is a “Jersey boy” originally from north Jersey in the Totowa, Little Falls area. He made the move to Stafford about 32 years ago, after finding the perfect....
Latest Blog Posts
Cashing in on your home's equity and selling your home are significant financial decisions that requires careful consideration. By selling, you’re unlocking equity you have built over time.,